On the 20th of February, we signed the papers for our house! I can't tell you what it felt like it! It was awesome! You feel like you are signing away your life but you don't care! Kind of like labor when you have to sign for the epidural! We are so excited! We got the keys on Thursday and had our first official dinner that night. It was Article Circle burgers but hey... it was great! Andrew spilled water and Peter dumped fry sauce...luckily only on a the blanket! Saturday we moved! That was insane! I never, never, never, and I will repeat, NEVER want to move again. It was horrible and kind of ruined the whole experience for me. We almost packed everything Friday day and night and then moved everything Saturday and cleaned and checked out of our apartment that day as well. We then began the process of unpacking! That has taken forever and I think that it might just be July before we are done. But overall, we are happy and excited to be in our home! Peter and Andrew love all the extra room to play and its been really nice to be able to see the sun and the outdoors. I kind of missed that in our basement apartment! Now that I am semi-unpacked, I really like our house! I enjoy all the room and the realization that its ours, all ours!
We were also sad to leave our old ward, the BYU-I 76th! We love that ward and will miss everyone! It will seem really weird to go to a different ward after being in the 76th for so long. Fare thee well and keep in touch!
7 comments:
How exciting!! It looks like a big beautiful home with lots of space to play and make messes! :) Congrats on this exciting step in your lives!
Oh, we will miss you too!!! Nathan and I have had such a fun time getting to know your wonderful family these last few months. I will seriously miss you being my v.t. You were one of the best I have ever had and you always seemed to know EXACTLY when I needed someone to talk to or when I needed to know someone actually cared about me (which is a lot, especially right now). Thank you for all you do and you will have a GREAT time in your new wards! I'm glad I know about your blog so we can easily stay in touch. Good luck!
Alisha! I'm SO excited for you! Next time I come up, I'd love to come over and see your cute house! Actually, if you'd like, I'd be happy to come pick your boys up for a day, or you'd be welcome to drop them off, whatever you'd like! I'm happy to help any way that I can! There are so many things to do with a new home and so much to unpack, two kids can kind of get in the way! Let me know if I can help! Seriously. Can I steal your kids?
That is sooooo exciting, oh one day in forever away!!! that is sooo fun, I bet you are just loving having your own house to do what ever you like with. Did you paint? it looks really cute in there.
That is so fantastic! I am so happy for you guys. I'm sorry to hear about your embarassing moment.....I've had a few of those myself.
YEA, Alisha! Congrats on the house! Enjoy all the rooms, the space, the yard, and it all!
Congrats you guys! That is so exciting! Post more photos of your house, I'd love to see them. I'm really looking forward to the day we get a house...not for a while though!
Post a Comment