Sunday, March 02, 2008

Back from the Dead!

And we are back! Sorry about the delay in posting for those you check our blog! School, kids, and other activities have kept us pretty busy these last two weeks. Valentine's Day was awesome! Anthony and I had dinner at the Railroad Inn (aka Anthony's parents home.) All the girls got together before the dinner and primped and curled and chatted. It was a lot of fun to be with just all the girls. We then had a yummy dinner by candlelight and then played a version of Family Freud that I found on Ideadoor. com. (I love that website!) My brother, James, came up from Firth, which we really appreciated! It was really fun to get out and to be together with Anth's family!

The Second Adventure began Saturday morning. While Anthony was at work trying to catch up on hours, I, absentmindedly, step on the side of our garbage sack that was sitting on the floor. So what? you may say? Well, by stepping on the side of the bag I stepped on a chicken can lid and slice my toe wide open. At first I thought I had just stumped it or something. It didn't really hurt. But then I looked down and saw that it was bleeding. I still didn't think that it was that bad, until I finally sat down on the floor and looked at it. It was bleeding all over the place and I could tell that it was pretty bad. I called Anthony and he said that he would come home in a little bit and then we would decide if I need stitches! I called my friend, Sinead, and she came over and administered first aid since I couldn't really do it and I didn't have the stuff and I was desperately trying to stay calm for my two dumbfounded little boys, who were trying to understand what was going on. Anyways... Anth finally came and we decided to run to Community Care and see about some stitches. Sinead watched the boys and we were off. After waiting for about 30 minutes, it was determined that I could just be glued together, but I still had to get a tetanus shot! That hurt worst then everything! Ne ways... so I now will have a scar on the my second toe on my left foot! It has healed nicely and all the glue is gone now.

Adventure three was on Monday, when we got to go sledding with the boys. Anthony was off because of President's Day and we had so much fun. Since we couldn't find a sled to buy anywhere in Rexburg, we decided to rent some from the BYU-I ORC(Outdoor Recreation Center.) We then headed to Smith Park! Anth and I had a blast! The boys not so much! The first time we went down, Peter said, "I'm done! I want to go home now!" They finally warmed up to it and were really loving it!

I think that I will end this post and start a new one for the next adventure since its a pretty big one but you will know about it before you know about this because of the way that things are posted on here!

No comments: