Thursday when the wind was blowing and the snow was drifting, I decided to get up early to work on a paper that was due that day. So it was really me deciding to get up early, I was kind of forced to get out of bed at 5:30 to finish it. Ne ways... I got up and I could hear the wind howling so I, being in the need of a distraction, went and looked out the window. The snow was drifted into our sidewalk and our side of the street. I was totally bumped! Our wreath was knocking around something horrible so I opened the door and took it off the hook. I then closed the door and relocked it. I then forced myself to go downstairs to work on my paper. After about 10 minutes, I heard the front door close! Talk about spooked! I hadn't heard the door open or anyone walk in or walk down the stairs from our room to close it. So I did want anyone would do... called for Anthony! I know realize that if anyone had been in the house that this would have been a very stupid thing to do. Ne ways....He(Anth)groggily answered. I asked him," Was that you?" He replied no but that he thought it was me. I was completely scared now! I met Anth in the living room where he preceded to look out the window. There we could see tracks leaving our house, not coming up, and one lone car tread in the snow. Now the car tread looked like a car just appeared. There were no tracks leading up to it or pulling away. It looked like a car had been sitting there, but I know that one hadn't because I didn't see one earlier in my distraction. We were completely baffled! We figured that I must not have closed the door tight enough when I opened to take down the wreath and then the door must have swung open and then someone out of the kindness of their hearts, stopped, or appeared, and closed our door. We still don't know who it was or what exactly happened. Thank you to whoever it was!
****Did I mention that I went and did some Family History work the day before in the temple? Anth teases that it was my ancestors looking out for us. Maybe it was!****
4 comments:
Okay, your story totally freaked me out! Only tracks going away from your house??? Did you buy a haunted house? LOL.
AAaahhh! That's creepy! I think your theory is likely, but still, that's so scary!
Only in Rexburg would you think that someone was being helpful and closing your door for you. I won't even open my door or go outside that early in the morning because I know that I would end up being robbed or my apartment would be completely ransacked. Oh to live in the sheltered community again. I do miss the people and the saftey of Idaho.
Maybe you should learn to do your homework the night before and then you wouldn't be up so early and sleep deprived to have these strange things happen to you.
MOM
Post a Comment