I took some pictures when we were at the burial that I thought turned out pretty good. My way of saying goodbye.My dad is the only really active member in his family and so it was hard to watch all my cousins and relatives having such a hard time. It made me so thankful to know the truth that there is life after death and I will see my grandpa again. What peace the gospel brings!
I have also been busy catching up with my calling. Our Primary Presidency decided to do birthday spotlights this year. So whenever its some one's birthday we tell a little about them. Simple, right? It has been a little bit of struggle to get 87 birthday spotlights! But the kids really like it and it has been worth it! That and I was an overachiever in that I decided to get the whole year done by the end of January! Ne ways... we are also doing new Baptism gifts. We decided to take a picture of the temple and then transpose the child's picture on it as well. The first baptism is Saturday and this is how they turned out! What do you think? (And NO, Andrew is not getting baptized. I don't have the picture of the boy yet so I figured that this would work for now.)

Ne ways... I want to try harder to blog more. Call it my resolution for the year. I also want to make more comments on my friends blog,so watch out!
11 comments:
Awesome. It looks great. Sorry about your grandpa. Have a wonderful day. Jen
I'm so sorry about your grandpa. Those are really beautiful pictures of the flowers at the funeral. And I love the idea of the baptism gifts, that's really neat.
The Flowers do look beautiful! And your Mother in law is amazing, I feel lucky to know her. It's true how much difference the gospel is to us at a funeral. You still cry but it doesn't hurt so bad.
We want to get together sometime so keep in touch. Mary
Sorry to hear about your grandpa. Hope things are going well and you are feeling okay! Don't forget to give me a call and let me know what you are having, when you find out!! Love the baptism gift, it is beautiful.
Good job, Super Mom! :) Sorry about your Grandfather. Losing grandparents is difficult. The flower arrangement really is beautiful and so are your photos! We need to get together sometime --- it's been WAY too long!
You did a spectacular job on both the arrangement and on the pictures. You're such a great person. The Gospel really is such a blessing too, even though it's okay to miss people. God bless! Let me know if I can help in any way! Love, Samantha
Sorry about your grandpa. That is always a hard thing which is made a lot easier with the gospel. Your arrangement is beautiful!
I love the idea you came up with for baptism gifts. That is incredible and simple. Sorry to hear about your Grandpa. Great job on the flowers.
Way pretty pictures!!! Sorry to hear about your grandpa. OH I love that you have a preschool blog, I just copied it so I can start doing it with Ethan!! Thanks for the post!
Hey Alisha! This is Sarah Jolley, now Miller. Anyways, I found you through Sara's blog, I hope you don't mind. It will be nice to know what's going on with you. Sorry to hear about your Grandpa, but the gospel is a great comfort. And the flower arrangement looked fabulous!!!
I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I too am grateful for the knowledge we have that we are eternal families. I can't imagine thinking that death is the end. I hope you are doing well with your pregnancy. Take care.
Post a Comment