Sunday, August 10, 2008
"R" Adventure Hike
So, I'm not that big of a hiker and so when Douglas and Christy suggested hiking the "R" mountain for a double date, my knees were a little shaky! I hadn't been on the R Mountain before and was reassured that it wasn't that hard of a hike and that it would only take about thirty minutes to reach the top. So I agreed and was excited to be able to finally say that I had hiked the R mountain. Who lives in Rexburg and doesn't hike the R mountain right? Well, I don't how many of you have done this hike but it is a little on the steep side and if you have vertigo and a fear of heights like I do, it can be a little scary. We finally get to the top where I almost collapse from fatigue(did I mention that I am way, I mean WAY, out of shape) and then hike around the top to find a place to eat our picnic. It was a lot of fun and I did enjoy the hike. I was pretty sore for the next couple of days but it was great to get to know my new future sister-in-law.
View from the top of the R mountain looking down into the valley!
Us waiting for Anthony to come down so we can eat our sand witches, trail mix, and jerky.
It really is beautiful up there, once you make to the top. I loved the way the sunset turned everything into a thing of beauty!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Imagine doing that hike nearly 8 months pregnant... yes, I had to do that for Biology Lab, and come to find out I could have gotten out of it. I'm glad you had fun. I wish it weren't so hot here, maybe we could get out of the house more.
That's the one thing that I miss about Idaho, the BEAUTIFUL view! We have views but it almost makes me homesick when I see the sagebrush. Hope your family is doing well.
Post a Comment