Sunday, August 10, 2008

Five Wonderful Years!

Hey. This is Anthony writing. This summer we were able to celebrate our fifth anniversary. We ended up going to a few of the places we did on our HoneyMoon. It was a "coincidental" anniversary. I'll explain. One thing that was interestingly coincidental is that we stayed ad Mack's Inn in Island park, and we ended up in the exact same cabin as on our HoneyMoon. We even looked at a picture from our honeymoon to see if the number on the door was the same. It was. The other thing is that we went and watched Hello Dolly at the PlayMill Theatre in West Yellowstone and then the next day we saw the movie "WALL-E" in Idaho Falls the next day. The coincidence is that the movie WALL-E shows clips of Hello Dolly in it.


The cabin we stayed in at Mack's Inn.

We went and saw Upper Mesa Falls. It is pretty cool. There is a "micro-environment" there in that the moisture creates an environment where other plants that can't normally grow in the forest are able to grow there. The cliff wall on the other side of the waterfall is pretty neat looking. The picture's don't do it complete justice so I recommend going and seeing it in person. (On a side note I also recommend going and seeing the Teton Dam site in person. The huge canyon there is amazing!)



(this is Alisha Now) Another thing that was the same as our honeymoon was that we stayed at Shilo Inn our wedding night. We spent Friday night there. It was wonderful to have just Anthony and I on this trip. It was a great time to spend getting to know each other and to be with just us!
We walked through this park the day before we got engaged and took a picture at this same spot. It was fun to react everything.
The only thing that I didn't like reenacting was throwing up! I threw up on our honeymoon either because of stress or the heat and 60lbs wedding dress. Friday night, after eating a delicious snow cone from this new place, I began to throw-up and didn't stop until Saturday afternoon. I was laid completely flat for two days. The stomach flu is no fun!

Overall, it was a great anniversary and I loved every minute of time spent with my husband! I've married the best man ever but I'll post more about him in a little bit!

No comments: