Sunday, August 17, 2008
Primary Activity Day
So this week was a little more busy then I expected it to be. We had a Primary Activity Day on Tuesday and because I am the secretary I got to be involved in the planning. It was a lot of fun! We did a pioneer theme because our stake does a Martin Cove's Handcart trek this year and we wanted the kids to be able to be part of that. We had six stations that they could stop at that were part of the trail west. We suggested that they dress up in pioneer grab and come prepared to feel like a pioneer! So if anyone needs an idea for an activity day, let me know and I can email you the stuff. I got to taste Horseradish for the first time and it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. But I did only take a very small taste. Ne ways...I loved being able to dress like a pioneer and to experience a little of pioneer life. But you know me, a sucker for history!
Me with the other members of the presidency! I love these ladies! They have made me feel so welcome and loved! It hasn't been an easy transition for me into a family ward but they had definitely helped smooth the way!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love your dress! Where did you get it? Looks like a lot of fun. I remember our hand cart trek when we were in young womens. That was a lot of fun.
Your dress is gorgeous! If I were you I would wear it everyday! :) LOL! But that's just me . . . and I try to never leave our house! :) I'm glad that you're liking your ward! It definitely IS a transition! - We're still do it after a year! - But I've come to really love it too! It's nice to be an adult! :)
Post a Comment