Last Friday, the boys and I went to the Children's Museum! It was a blast! And Yes, Rexburg has a children's musuem! Finally! Its part of the Teton Dam Museum and is only fifty cents for children two and older and two bucks for an adult! So for two fifty I can have some peace and the boys can wear out some energy. The boys really love going to the museum! Every month they have a theme and this months is ROCKS with Pioneers mixed in the side. They boys really love it here!

This is Peter riding the sheep! It's kind of like a rocking horse and if you squeeze the ear it bleats!

Andrew loved the chalkboard! He would scribble on it and then erase it! He was excited when one of the workers showed him all the magnets that he could put on it!

The ladies that run the museum are so awesome with the kids. They always come in and make sure the boys see everything and they explain all the cool things. This is one of them explaining how the volcano worked! Peter was so intrigued and his mouth dropped open when the volcano suddenly began ozzing lava. It was great!

They have this great tree house that kids can climb up and read books in or (my boys favorite) drop stuffed animals over the side!

This is the cabin that they have set up for the pioneer theme! It has box lunches inside that have wooden food in that the kids can play with. Theres even a doll they can dress up!

They also have a table for coloring and drawing! The boys really like this one! There is another table with small toys on it. Well worth the effort of going! They change the theme every month and they have kind of weird hours but it is so worth going! I totally recommend it!
3 comments:
that looks like so much fun. I wish that I had little kids so I could take them there. :) Its nice to have some inexpensive fun things to take your little ones to so they can be entertained and it gives you a break too. Sounds like you are having a fun summer.
I had no idea that Rexburg even had that. We loved going to the children's museum here in Houston. Looks like it was lots of fun!!!!!!!
What fun for you and the boys! Always nice to have a getaway to keep Mom sane and the kids smiling! :0)
Post a Comment