Thursday, May 08, 2008

Donating to Myanmar Distaster Fund

In case anyone is interested, here is a link to the LDS.org donation site where you can donate to help out with the Myanmar disaster. Also, you can read this article about how the LDS church is responding to it.

4 comments:

Deanna said...

Hey! I heard on the Radio this morning that the Mynamar military is with-holding all of the aid that has been sent. Have you heard this? I think it's aweful! What is their government thinking? I 'm checking out the site next. THanks!

Carol said...

Thanks for the info. I know that if we donate through the church we can count on it getting where it most needs to go.

When I hear about disasters like that one I don't feel so bad about having a little snow here in Idaho on May 1st. It makes me want to count my blessings instead. May God bless all of those affected by this tragedy.

Carol said...

Alisha I just saw this article and thought that you might be interested. I can't believe that the goverment officials won't let more help come in when it is sitting there just waiting to come in. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_myanmar

Anonymous said...

According to Wikipedia, "Several international organizations have been approved to work within the country..."

CARE International is one of those listed. On the LDS news article it says that "The Church is partnering with Atlanta-based CARE International, a well-known non-governmental organization, to distribute the supplies."

So I wonder if LDS humanitarian aid is actually getting through because "CARE" is already authorized.

I don't know. Maybe there are different branches or sections of "CARE".

Just a thought anyway.