Sunday, November 06, 2011

Our Halloween Adventure

This year I was determined to make Halloween as much fun as possible without having to do a lot of stressing and worrying over costumes!  And wouldn't you know that I wake up that morning feeling like I had the flu? What a day! But being SuperMom (umm...right) I pulled myself up and ended up having a great time with my kids!

Our little lamb! Isn't she so cute? I had previously glued cotton balls all over her onesie and then watched with frustration as they all unraveled and fell off! On to pom-poms! 

"Why do I have to wear this horrid hat? It's hot in here!"

Matthew got to be Clifford! This was way easy because Andrew had been it two years ago!


Peter wanted to be a cowboy! Yes!! Way easy as well! We borrowed a hat and found a shirt and we were good! 

Andrew chose this costume out of our costume box! Thank You Sister Ingram for giving us all these great go-to- costumes! 

Everyone together! 

I got everyone in their costumes, which wasn't too hard because Peter had his on because of school, and then loaded up and went over to our doctor's office where all the medical offices were having a trick or treat! Great investment if you ask me...give kids a bunch of candy so they will come back with cavities and belly aches and make you money! Smart! (And just for the record... I did have to take Julia to the doctor Thursday for her first Urinary Tract Infection...all that sugar! sigh....)

Enjoying the spoils of Halloween! My parents came up to see us after the doctor trick or treating and gave each of my kids a cupful of candy...Thanks! 

We then waited and waited and waited for Anthony to come home from work! By the time he arrived, my boys were sure that we weren't going to go because we had already had about 12 trick or treaters. The minute that he stepped in, we headed out the door! Julia was so funny! She won't allow anyone to help her carry her bucket! She guarded it with a ferocity of a lion!

 After about a block, we set the Lamb and Clifford home to warm up and to help Daddy pass out these: 

Yep! Pass-along cards with a pixie stick taped to the back! We get an average of 170 trick or treaters every year because of the awesome location of our house (a very safe neighborhood with all the houses close together.) Most of them we don't know! Besides, what kid won't want a picture of Jesus? It was a huge hit! All the kids were excited...well maybe not all the kids...the older ( and by older I mean the 14-17 year olds) were less enthusiastic, but we only found one on the road the next morning!

The Look of Sugar Overload! 

The Saturday before Halloween we held the annual Tietjen Halloween Party! We had a lot of fun eating and talking and letting the kids play with their cousins! 
I'm dressed as Mary ....you get it? Mary had a little Lamb? Cute, I know! 

The cousins hanging out!


I didn't get a picture of Anthony wearing his costume but I have this one! He put together a Star Trek costume literally a hour before the party! He was a huge hit! I think I see a future money maker! Just kidding! All his brothers were really excited about it though! 

The highlight of the night though was being able to talk to Anthony's parents vie webcam! They were able to see all the kids in their costumes as well as the adults.


Hope everyone had a great Halloween filled with a lot of fun memories!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your costumes are fabulous!

Sara Birch said...

Cute costumes! And I loved your idea of handing out pass along cards.

hayleemj said...

love the mary had a little lamb! :) And the lamb costume was so cute... too bad the cotton balls didn't stay on. What a happy halloween!! Good idea on the pass along cards too, we will have to do that next time.

Amy said...

Too cute! You have 4 kids...and their getting so big. It's nice that we have our blogs, well ok, your blog, to keep me up to speed with what you're up too. My blog isn't very helpful in that area. =)