A couple of weeks before school started, we got a surprise!! Anthony's parents, who recieved a mission call to Australia, were asked by their mission president to leave a month earlier then scheduled!! We were so excited to have them leave but all so it was rough to say goodbye knowing that they will be missed so badly and that things are going to be different then they have been.
To celebrate, the family decided to go on a mini road trip! We all drove to Gilmore, Idaho and then up further to Meadow Lake. I won't bore you all with the tons of pictures that I took of Gilmore ( a ghost town). I also haven't edited them all. Okay...none of them...I'm going to get to it! Ne ways... these are the ones that I did take from Meadow Lake.
Our potluck lunch filled with lots of goodies!
Anthony with his dad
Jace was trying to help Grandma eat her taco salad! Here comes the airplane, Grandma!
So much dirt...so little Ayla!
Julia got into the act as well! Why eat food when dirt is just as good?
Grandpa gave a lesson about how to take care of our Earth...no sticks or garbage in the lake..
Grandpa helped entertain the younger kids by taking them on "walkabouts."
We had a visitor when most of the family went on a hike to the upper lake.
We had a lot of fun being together, enjoying the beautiful weather and each other's company! We already miss Anthony's parents like crazy but we know that what they are doing is very important and already has had a positive influence on our family. Thanks Mom and Dad for being such awesome examples!
1 comment:
I just love your pics, Alisha -- that was such a great outing.
Post a Comment