In July, Anthony and I celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary! I can hardly believe that it has been that long! It seems like we are still newlyweds( and to some, I'm sure we are...). Anthony, knowing me so well, agreed to go on a Wild West Adventure with me. Our first stop:
Virginia City, Montana
This small ghost town was once a booming mining town! It full of amazing folklore and stories that captivated my imagination! You could actually rent one of the rooms in the old hotel! Complete with no running water and a shared bathroom in the hall! Talk about great, right? And it would only cost an arm and leg to sleep there! We decided to stay in the quaint little town 10 minutes away, Ennis, Montana.
We got to hear great stories about how the townspeople wanted to appear to be civilized to their eastern relatives and so they built fake second floors so that it would appear that they had large homes!
We went on a "romantic" stagecoach ride up to where gold was first discovered and learned all about the men that found it and how the town was formed and later ran.
It was pretty authentic ride! It wasn't an actually stagecoach from the 1880s but was a pretty good replica with bouncy seats and no air conditioning! I loved it!!! Anthony was less enthusiastic but humored me...I love that guy!!
We wondered up and down Main Street, almost bought some authentic western gear (corset, bonnets, duster, derby hat...), had some yummy dinner at a little cafe, and then went to a show at the playhouse. They tried really hard to be like the Playmill but it wasn't quite as good. But it was still fun!
This is the little cabin that we staying in at Ennis. It was pretty close to the highway but it was still pretty nice. We stayed in the one on the left. The only thing that would have made it better was a continental breakfast of some sort. But then we wouldn't been able to have a great breakfast at the amazing soda shop place that we did!
We had lunch in Rexburg at the We're Twisted place by Gringos and then headed down to the Riot Zone for some fun! We had a blast acting like little kids! We rode the go-carts at least five times, the bumper boats, and the buckaroo!
This was crazy!! It's basically a bouncy obstacle course that I got stick in and ended up laughing so hard, I couldn't breathe!
For dinner we had reservations at the Mountain River Ranch. They do a show and great dinner. We had a great time laughing, eating, singing, and getting eaten by mosquitos!
This was suppose to be our cabin for the night. The lady opened the door and I almost died! The room was barely big enough for the bed that they had stuffed in there! I could feel my lungs gasping for air! (Have I ever mentioned I'm claustrophobic?) The lady offered to put us in a different cabin and we agreed to the lovely three person cabin! Breathe freely!
You get to go on a awesome wagon ride up to the dining area! Won't you know that Anthony would know almost all the people that we were sitting by? And that I would be from the same town as one of the performers?
It was a great weekend! Thanks so much Aunt Rachal for giving us the break that we so badly needed!





1 comment:
How fun!! What a good way to spend your anniversary!
Post a Comment