The 4th of July always mean tradition and family. To me, family is what makes a holiday. Playing with cousins, having parties and lots of good food...it's what it is all about! So that's what we did.... spent it with family!!
Matthew playing with a sparkler at my parent's house. He was so excited to play with a firework!
Julia enjoyed playing with all the garbage! One's man trash is other's treasure, right?
The fireworks!!!
So I was completely disgusted when I went to open the package of fireworks that I bought from Walmart for $30! I thought that I was getting a great deal! A large box of fireworks for 30 bucks!!! Much to my dismay, when Anthony opened it, it was just a large box of poppers and confetti shooters!!! So much for fireworks at our house that night! The boys loved it though! They spent the 4th shooting fireworks, literally, from the time that they woke up till they went to bed! The evidence is in the pajamas!
The after math!!! What a mess! But it was a lot of fun while it lasted!
Mom thought it be good to have a flag ceremony...something we haven't even done and I was appalled that my children had no idea what to do to salute the flag. We can no longer rely on others to teach our children these things. We then attempted to sing the anthem and that was kind of scary too! We stumbled over the words and I'm pretty sure that we didn't get it right. How utterly horrible! How can I expect my kids to show respect and love for this country if they haven't been taught the right way to do it? A great inspiration for me to do better in my teaching.
We then spent a lazy afternoon playing at Grandmas! Bikes, a barbecue, and 4-wheeler rides!
Priceless!!
We then headed home to do fireworks with Anthony's family at our house. Little did we know that a tornado had hit the inside of our house while we were away...LOL!! Isn't funny how dirty your house gets when you are trying to get ready to go out of town? We had two hours to clean up, eat dinner, get refreshments ready, and get our yard "presentable." We made it with a two minutes to spare! Luckily, Anthony's family brought fireworks and we had a great show while we waited for the big fireworks to go off.
We waited and waited....and waited some more. The family gave up and went home when the fireworks hadn't gone off by 10:30. We had a lot of fun and enjoyed the day with family.
P.S. The fireworks did go off... eventually...at 11:30!!! We were a little upset because we had just got all our kids in bed and our boys were disappointed that they hadn't got to see any of the big ones! Way to go!
2 comments:
Yeah, I couldn't believe it was so late!! We were about to head home because our kids were soooo tired! We could've almost gone to the I.F. show and been on our way home by the time the Rexburg ones started!
Sounds like you guys managed to make the best of everything. What a fun 4th!
Post a Comment