Sunday, June 19, 2011

Its Reunion Time!

Last weekend was the Tietjen Family Reunion. There was exactly 60 1/2 people there!! That is just Anthony's brothers and sisters and their kids!! It was a lot of fun and lot of noise but awesome! My wonderful inlaws put it all together, doing a total rad 50's theme! They turned the room that we usually eat in into a diner and had this awesome menus made up!


 Andrew, along with the other kids, loved the hulu hoops that were given out! Might have to get some of these! Hours of fun wrapped up in a plastic tube!

 There was some canoeing along the flooded banks of the slough. The boys loved it!!


 Cool airplane flying by Uncles!! The kids were so exited by all the activities!
 My personal favorite was the candy counter that was set up with all the old time candies!! The kids were each had to pay with coins that they got for helping out or from the stash that their parents had. Unless your the totally uncool mom like me and forget the stash at home in the pants that she had worn the first day of the reunion. Opps!!! Thanks for letting them have it anyways!


One of Anthony's nephews having a "swinging" good time!!


 Our first meal was hamburgers and hot dogs that were delivered to us by waitresses dressed in 50's garb!

 Julia in the "kiddie" pool! This was the only way that we could let her play without getting ran over by one of her 36 cousins or without eating dirt or  getting into more trouble!
Me and my girl!! My only baby that will let me hold her!! I'm going to enjoy this time because its going to be over sooner then I'm ready for it to be! 



 This little dude was a handful! The question "Where's Matthew?" was constantly coming out of our lips! With the water being high, I think I'm justified in being paranoid!
 Doesn't like getting wet!!
 Notice the harness....we got smart! He didn't like it but at least he was safe!!

 Peter dressed as Jim Bridger for the Talent Show and program of 50's remembrances! Looks kind of scary huh? Don't want to get on his bad side! LOL!



No reunion won't be complete with playing in the water, even if it was only 60 degrees outside and none of the adults dared to get wet!!! Oh to be young and un-freezable!!

There was a lot more adventures and pictures but I don't want to completely overwhelm you!!! Hahaha!

6 comments:

Sara Birch said...

Love your pictures. It looks like it was a super fun reunion!

Deanna said...

I'm with Sara! AWESOME pictures...looks like you guys had a BLAST!

Anonymous said...

I am with the other two. Great pictures. What a fun and memorable reunion.

hayleemj said...

What a FUN reunion. Kudos to your awesome in laws for putting it together.

Jared, Ashley, Caleb, Jacob, Abby, and Lizzy! said...

Awesome reunion! I love the 50's theme; the diner, the candy, the food, the watresses..! And I loved all your picture! you're quite the photographer!

Michelle said...

Awesome pictures, Alisha -- I love it!