Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Am I really that old?

Two weeks ago I had a birthday...it really made me feel...well ...old.  Loved ...but old. 27 is kind of a weird age for it to make me feel that way. Maybe it has something to do with that I have four kids, graduated from high school 9 years old, graduated from college 3 years, got married almost 8 years ago...I feel like I have grown up! I know that sounds really weird but its true! All the things that I planned on doing when I was young and in my teens has happened...I feel so blessed to have seen many of those hopes and dreams come to reality! 

I had an awesome day and went to bed feeling loved and appreciated! My visiting teachers came by and gave me a yummy cupcake and a bouquet of my favorite flowers. Anthony took the day off to be home with me and the younger kids while I ran kindergarten and preschool drop off! (Do you know how awesome it is to only have to put two kids in carseats instead of four to drive the equivalent of one mile? That TOTALLY made my day!) We then went and got paint for the kitchen..something that has been in the works for about three years!




These are the flowers I got for my birthday and also the new paint on the walls! I totally love the color! It make my kitchen so much brighter...buts that another post!

My mom then took me to lunch with my sisters-in-laws and sister...awesome..and then my dear friend and sister-in-law Christy brought me another cupcake for my birthday! So awesome! Kiss the diet goodbye! It's only once a year right? (I've been saying that a lot lately...man why do they have to have some many "yummy" holidays so close together?)

Anthony and I then got to out for dinner and were going to do some of other things but my non-gallbladder body couldn't handle the onion rings that we had...sigh...oh well...overall it was a great birthday!

3 comments:

Sara Birch said...

Happy birthday to you! Yes, 27 does make you start to feel old...not looking forward to that in a few months.

Nancy said...

Happy Birthday! And I think it depends on the person when they start to feel old. I kind of feel old. Just because i've been married for almost 5 years, have 2 kids, and am not 20 anymore. But growing old doesn't mean we have to grow up.

ash said...

Happy belated birthday! I know the feeling! Everything flies SO fast! Sometimes I think about high school and college and then my mission and what not...and wow!...it's all one big mesh of wonderfulness! Hasn't life been good, really?! 27 does seem like a crazy age. We are getting closer to 30! AAAHHH!! Ha! But I wouldn't trade any of it. Alisha! I need to visit you next time I am in Idaho and see all your kids!