Poor Matthew...sometimes life as the middle child or at least the child that comes after two really close boys, is really hard! Three years ago, Anth and I bought the boys (meaning Peter and Andrew) kid sized shovels for Christmas! An instant hit! They love being able to go outside and shovel like Papa ( and sometimes Mommy!). Because we only have two shovels and now three "big" boys, Matthew has been reduced to this...
A cast-off spoon from the kitchen drawer!
Can't ya just feel his excitement about his new toy? Poor kid! It probably won't have been so bad if his older brother hadn't snatched the prize shovel away from him.
He did make it work and was happy for a little while anyways. Truly he was happy to be able to just go outside and play! Something that doesn't happen too much these days.
I'm going to be on the look out for more of those shovels! Julia will be wanting to use one next year as well! Four willingly shovelers...hmmm...this totally sounds like a good idea!!
1 comment:
Aww!! Poor Matthew! But like you said at least he was happy to play out side, right?! I love the little shovel idea !! I should definately get some for my boys! Caleb's pretty good at pushing the vacuum, he might actually move some snow for me too!
But Matthew is soo cute! I love his big blue eye's, and his little baby face.(that was a compliment) I know he's a big boy, but I saw your family picture and he just looked so little!! It was a cute picture!
Post a Comment