Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Memorial Day Fun

My family came to celebrate Memorial Day with us. We were going to eat at a park but they were all full by the time that we decided to find one! Oh, well! I guess we learned a lesson for next year! We decided to have it at my house instead (boy, was I glad that I went on cleaning frenzy before they came) We had hamburgers, watermelon, chips, and a whole bunch of other great stuff. My Grandma came up with my parents! We have been able to spend a lot more time with her lately and it has been really awesome!


My mom filled up the boys pool and was playing 'Ring Around the Rosies" with them in it! The boys had so much fun kicking and splashing! Then we decided to put the pool under the slide and the boys absolutely loved it! Peter didn't like sitting in it but they had fun sliding in to it!



Their facial expressions were priceless! It's moments like these that make you feel like life is worth it! Brothers and sister and I had so much fun sitting around retelling stories from when we were kids. Since I'm the oldest, I have some memories that they don't and its always fun to see what I remember versus what they do!


We then took a walk (not me! Anth and I drove) to the nature park to feed the ducks! Too bad everyone already had! The ducks were quite rude and won't even pay us any attention! Good thing there was a turtle who was still hungry! He's kind of hard to see but if you look close you can see his head in the picture above as well as his body under the water. The picture below shows him under the water! (isn't it weird how we just naturally assume that something are male or female based on their name?)




No comments: