THE WINDOW!
The Thursday before Easter Peter tripped and fell against the window ledge in our front room. Because the window is so big and low, he hit right on the corner of his eye. With Peter's past history, (he fell from a shopping cart at Walmart and cracked his skull, for any new readers), I panicked when it started to swell right away. I put shoes on all of us and we ran to Anthony's office. From there we decided that we need to go in and have his eye looked at. We were afraid that something might be broken...with our luck anyways! Luckily, there was nothing broken and the doctor told us that we were really lucky that he didn't need stitches! He got just a little bitty scratch from his glasses most likely. The doctor called it a Boxer wound! Peter continued to swell and get discolored! (Anthony took more pics with his camera then I did but I couldn't find it this morning) Now two weeks later there is only a little bruising left. Oh the Joy of having boys!
10 comments:
Oh my heck, poor Peter. That really looks like it hurts. Hope it heals up nicely!
That poor little guy! Glad it is looking better.
Oh owie! That is quite the black eye he had. I'm glad it is healing so nicely.
Wow that is quite a shiner! Every boy needs to have a few of those in their life. Thats what makes them big and strong and tough. Dont ya think? Not too good for a mothers though, huh? Anyway . . . I'm glad that it wasn't any worse and I'm glad that you got some good pictures of it - someday he will be glad too.
Wow! That brings back memories! Sayer did the same thing when he was almost 2. His eye immediatly swelled up! It was very scary!! I am glad that he is doing better!
Poor kid! Poor mommy! Every time something like this happens, I remember when my sister fell from her high chair and when my parents took her in they questioned them for an hour about child abuse!!! (her elbow was broken). Hope it heals quickly!
Boys will be boys! our youngest is a bit clumsy and runs into EVERY available door jam, piano bench and chair he can find.
When McKenna stands up in the grocery cart I always say, "remember what happend to Peter?" She sits right down. Thanks Peter, for helping us prevent our own accidents. That is quite a bruise. I am so glad he is okay. I am glad to see what your cute family is up to. I didn't even know you were expecting. Congratulations and Good Luck!
Poor boy! I feel so bad for his little head.
OUCH!! that first pic looks like it hurt a ton... I'm glad you got the a pic of that... usually I don't think about it until it is almost healed. But that was great to capture! I'm glad he's doing better! And you can come over anytime this week. Well, not Tuesday or Wednesday at 7pm, we have VT and HT coming over then. But any other time would be great!
So, Alisha, How are things going? I don't know that you've ever been so far down on our blog roll! Hope things are going well.
Post a Comment