Sunday, February 09, 2014

Family Vacation Day 4- Soda Springs

Soda Springs
Home of the Man-Made Geyser!
I can remember coming here as a child and my mom making me taste the soda water! It was disgusting! But I remember it! This lasted longer then Old Faithful and was almost as cool!


I would have thought it would be hot to walk on but I guess it wasn't! The kids had a blast running all over it!




We then drove over to Hooper Springs where there was once a world famous bathing pools. People would come and soak in the water and be healed from their cares. We bottled some of it and tried to have the kids taste it! The boys wouldn't but Anthony, Julia, and I did. It had a metallic taste but it still fizzed like I remember it. 

This is what Julia thought of the water!
(If you can't tell, she is spitting the water out!)
We then loaded up one more time for the last leg of our trip!

No comments: