We kept our Fourth of July simple this year. We stayed home and did activities mostly at home.
We attended the parade but only for a little bit.
We were on assignment from the Secret Service and gave out free Pop-Ice to those watching the parade. What a sketcher for our shy non-approaching family.
We then came home and enjoyed some fireworks!
Poppers! Always a family favorite!
I love this dress!
Some nasty snakes!
Later after some yummy homemade hamburgers (My husband tells me that they are amazing and requests them often!) we did sparklers and popped a huge bag of popcorn!
I love Matthew's expression in these!
Wow!!
Okay...this is still kind of cool.
Now I'm bored!
Julia wanted nothing to do it with it!
We then started our own firework show while we waited for the towns to start. They were really late last year so we thought it would be a while. We were stunned when they went off at 9:30! It wasn't even fully dark! People were still coming to see them after they were all done. We invited a family that was walking home to watch our fireworks with us. Some of our neighbors came over as well.
Overall, it was a great Fourth!
Sometimes its nice to just enjoy our own small family and to spend time with just us.
1 comment:
Julia's 4th of July dress is so cute -- I love it!
And yeah, we thought it was crazy that the city fireworks were so early as well. They're so unpredicatble.
Post a Comment