Because of the crowd of people that show up for our local Fourth of July parade, we attended the Firth/Shelley Spud Day parade in September instead. Its a lot less crowded, the parade last about 20 minutes top, we can find a place to sit and park that is close, and our kids get enough candy to last until the end of October! And we ended up seeing pretty cool things...at least things that you won't see in the "city" where we live.
Julia's first parade experience! She's not so sure about it as you can see.
I loved how my boys kept their hands on their hearts even after the flag had long since gone by. Matthew had so much fun clapping and cheering for every float or car that went by
Some of the "strange" things that we saw.... a tractor being carried on a flat bed. ...
Russet Pride....Shelley's mascot is the Russet Potato.
Old fashion tractors...
Kids on donkeys and horses...
my personal favorite....Miss Hot Potato
The world's largest baked potato...
Guys that graduated before I did still singing in a "garage" band...
The local band...I personally think this in the middle school but I'm probably wrong and its the high school....kids are getting younger and younger these days!
The spoils of the day! A large cloth bag filled 2/3 full with candy!!!
1 comment:
haha I love all the "strange" things of the parade... so Idaho for ya! :)
Post a Comment