Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Who knew...

...that the dentist could be so exhausting?

* Sorry about the photo quality...I used my phone because it was handy!

About a month ago, Andrew had to go to the dentist to have three cavities filled.  The dentist has been less then a fun experience for us...in fact its dread by both the kids and the parents. Andrew would often kick and scream so bad that I would have to hold him on my lap and lay his head in the dentist lap so that he could quickly look in his mouth. So when the 6 month visit rolled around, I shuddered with fear! 

Much to my surprise...Andrew walked in, laid down, and let them do everything that they needed too! What a tender mercy! Definitely had a lot to be thankful for that night! When we went for the cavities, I was terrified that it was going to be a bad experience! Once again, Andrew surprised me by climbing up on the spaceship chair, took the "happy" gas, and started to fall asleep! By the time the dentist had given the shot and let it sit for a while, he was snoring!! I was totally floored!!!  Kids totally surprise you! 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have to admit, the dentist still scares me to death. They used to scare me worse than having a baby, until I had one with no pain killers. Okay, that's a toss up.