Thursday, December 23, 2010

The Stylish Blogger Award

My totally awesome sister in law Nancy honored me this award! I would like to thank her and the rest of all the little people in my life that made this a dream a reality. Thank you! Thank You!....(cue applause)


So the rules go like this:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award (check!)
2. Share 7 facts about yourself
3. Award 7 new bloggers with the award

7 Facts about me....(This could get a little interesting!)

1-Even though I have never dyed my hair, over the last 7 years I have gone from a blonde with golden highlights, to a light brunette with blonde highlights, to a darker brunette with gray highlights! Its amazing what marriage and four kids will do to you! 

2-I can twist balloons into fun shapes! After I graduated college, I decided that I needed to have a hobby. So I decided to learn how to twist balloons. Its a lot of fun and my kids love it when I pull out my balloons. I'm still an amateur but I can do a pretty good dog, giraffe, hat, sword, and something else but I can remember what. Its been a while...time to pull them out again!

3-I was on the speech team in high school and loved to give impromptu speeches! They give you a list with three topics on it and a minute to figure out a basic outline. You then stand up and attempt to give a 3-5 minutes speech about one of the topics. You are suppose to be either informative or persuasive.  I got to be quite good at it!

4-I once gave a ten minute speech (an oratory) about how guys should have my guts to ask girls out. I spoke about different excuses that guys give for not asking out girls and then pointed out that girls have it just as bad as the guys! I know that it sounds really confusing but it was really good. So good that my advisor asked me to give it in front of the whole school. Talk about a little bit nerve wrecking! 

5-I have a passion for Early American history! I can't get enough of it! And with that passion comes a deep longing to travel back east to see all the historical sights! 

6-I have only flown on a plane once in my life and I admit that I didn't handle it very well! Anthony's hand was pretty much worthless after the take off! I much rather drive in a car for long hours then fly! (Shh...don't tell my husband who hates to drive! LOL!)

7-Even though I took 6 years (maybe more!) of piano lessons, I can only play the right hand and only the soprano part of that. I wasn't very dedicated to it but it really helped when I joined choir in middle school because I already knew the notes and music theory. 

Whew...that took a lot of soul searching...

I would now like to award the following with this awesome award....drum roll please...

Michelle Tietjen, Sara Birch, Deanna Poulsen, Rachel Chick, Megan Love,  Samantha Kneiser, and Aleisha Petersen

4 comments:

The Special K's(0: said...

Awww thanks!(0: You're such a sweetheart, and I just loved getting to learn those things about you! You are a very cool person(0: Thanks for sharing!(0:

Deanna said...

Why, I'm honored. :) It was fun to learn those things about you. :)

If you don't see my 'review' by new years, please remind me. :)

Nancy said...

I love reading these! It's fun to get to know some random stuff about people that you probably wouldn't have found out. I had no idea that you were so scared to fly.

Aleisha said...

ah! Thanks Alisha, I really had to sit and think "is she really talking about me?" I'm honored, and seeing as I am yet again 3 months behind on my blogging, you may see my review by easter ;) Fun to learn about you!
BTW If you ever do make it out here in the next year and a half (with all that spare time you have kicking around) I'll give you the grand tour. I found out that I live on the very ground that was the hub for the English during the revolutionary war... cool huh?