Sunday, August 16, 2009

Is Summer over yet?





This has become a typcial response at my house this summer. Peter can't wait for summer to be over so that he had get on with fall activites. He will ask every couple of days if its fall yet. So this post is in memory of our summer that is almost over.

Peter has decided that he is going to be "a star! I'm going to get a stage and sing songs to people!" He loves to play Anth's guitar and make up songs!

The first of July, Peter had to get a root canal! That's right! You didn't read it wrong! His back molar had a huge cavity and because the molar would guide his later teeth in, we had to do the root canal and place a crown on it. Because of the size of his tonsils we couldn't do oral sedation and had to do a complete knock out. It was a over all good experience and Peter loves to tell the story. He was suppose to have this surgery on the day that I had Matthew.

Just a few of the home repairs that we have had to face this summer. Our fence blew down when a strong Idaho wind came through and a hole developed in our ceiling when we had a downpour. My brother reached up and touched the ceiling where it was wet.

The Fourth of July was pretty awesome as well! We had a lot of fun watching the fireworks and then playing with sparklers. An all time favorite!

Matthew's blessing day was perfect! We had a lot of family and friends that came to support us. We had a great day with terrific food. Matthew had the awesome privilege of wearing Anth's blessing outfit! The first of our boys to do so!

A new Monson was added to our family when my SIL had a baby almost three weeks after Matthew. Her name is Kaylie! Isn't she cute?

A four generation shot of Anth with his mom and grandma. Our summer has been filled with reunions! I think that we went to four! Crazy! At least for us! It has been a lot of fun to visit with family that we haven't seen for a year or more.

My wonderful husband, who always knows how to make me laugh! He has been an awesome support this summer with Matthew being born and taking care of the boys while I have some me time or a nap! This is one in a handful of times I have seen him wear jeans!

Bike riding as been a highlight of our summer! The boys love to ride their bikes and it makes for a great bribe when we need one. This is one of the pictures that I submitted to the county fair this year. No prizes this year but I had fun anyways.

Our summer has been busy and I have the feeling that life is no longer going to be as slow paced as it once was!

5 comments:

geraldandmeganlove said...

Why is it that kids want the summer to end. Mya keeps asking when school is going to start and tells me that summer is way to long. CRAZY KIDS, enjoy your summer!

Kimberlee said...

It has been a while since I have looked at your blog. Congratulations. What a cute family. I love that last picture. Definitely prize-worthy.

Tonya said...

I think you should have won some prizes at the fair... you have a great talent with photography!!

Hey do you want to send me your email address? We are going private and I want to invite you:
tbing08@live.com

Kirsty Michaelis said...

You make it all look so easy. I can't believe how big your kids are, have I really been gone that long? Speaking of being gone, I am actually leaving for Rexburg tomorrow and I would love to see you. Email me or leave a comment on my blog if you can get together.

Jared, Ashley, Caleb, Jacob, Abby, and Lizzy! said...

Hey thanks for commenting. I was actually looking at your blog not too long ago to get a glimpse of you new little one. And yes, I am pregnant again. I'm 20 weeks along and was scheduled to get an ultrasound today, actually, but had to postpone it until our loan comes through. We are actually living in Provo right now as well!We graduated the end of july and moved! Jared's working on his Masters in Public Administration. I am very set on having a girl, especially since I didn't have morning sickness at all with this one. But still, every once in a while i remember that it's a 50/50 chance of getting a boy as well! I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for a girl though!!
Keep watching for more updates!