Friday, March 27, 2009

Our St. Patty's Day Feast




Our St. Patricks started out with a few tricks from the leprechauns! Peter woke up with a really sore throat and raspy cough, so yep...to the doctor's office we go! We have been in to the see the doctor for almost 6 weeks straight because of one thing or another! Urg!!!! Lucky, my boys love the doctor's office, especially the PA that we see. After finding out Peter has strep throat, they kindly let us know that he will probably have to have his tonsils out some day! That wouldn't be to bad except they said that same thing about Andrew only four weeks ago! Ne ways... after a trip to Walmart, we spent the day wearing green and trying to stay out of trouble. (What most of our days are like... well, not the wearing green part.) I decided to have a little fun with dinner, which is evidenced by the above photos. We had sausage gravy and biscuits, with broccoli, and white, I mean, green grape juice. Peter was so disturbed by the idea of green food and was not happy with the leprechauns that I had told him turn our food green. He abruptly shouted, "Stop it! Stop doing that!" I was completely taken back, thinking that he was yelling at me. When I started telling him to not talk to me like that, he screwed up his face and announced, " I wasn't talking to you, Mom! I was talking to the leprechauns." Aren't kids great?!

2 comments:

The Special K's(0: said...

Oh, poor kid! The good news is illness usually leads to soft tasty foods like pudding and ice cream(0: I hope he's feeling better. Too cute with those ornery leprechauns though, lol. We have gnomes in our house that do mysterious things like fold laundry and make the bed. I have long suspected Mark may be part gnome, despite his height. Anyways, maybe Peter will feel better knowing he's not the only one with mischievous little people in the house, lol. Love to you and yours!

Unknown said...

So cute what Peter said. I love doing the green food thing. Last year, I wasn't sure if anyone was going to eat any of it. I forgot this year. Definitely a tradition I want to start.