Sunday, December 14, 2008
One of the scariest experiences of my life!
Wednesday I had my second doctor's appointment. I thought, "No biggie! I go in, they listen to the heart. I complain a little about being pregnant and the aches associated with it and then I go home." Well when I arrived at my appointment they were backed up and so it took a while to get me in but when they did, my midwife gave me some names of doctors that could possibly help the pain I am having through my back, hips, and legs. Then she attempted to listen to the heartbeat. After five minutes of trying and three minutes of me starting to panic, she gives up! I laying there praying that everything will be okay and that she will find it. She stands up and basically sees me panicking and reassures me that this is normal for some women that are only 12-13 weeks like myself and that we will do an ultrasound to just make sure. Some where in there she threw in the word routine and I tensed. When I was in labor with Peter the nurse kept saying that it was routine to do this and routine to do that, and it was, when there were complications that they didn't want the mom to worry about. So by this time I am attempting to stay calm. We do the ultrasound and much to my relief, the baby was fine! Just very very active! She couldn't even get a picture because the baby won't sit still long enough! So everything is fine, but yeah that had to be one of the scariest moments in my life. I also felt so blessed to know that I am being protected and watched over. I felt overwhelming peace and comfort while in the office. Deep down I knew that it would be okay. Life is such an adventure!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow, I know exactly how you felt because that happened to me when I was pregnant with Jonas, and boy was it good to see him moving on the ultrasound. I was definately freaking out when they couldn't find the heartbeat because that had happened with my miscarriage. I am so glad everything was okay!!!
Glad everything is ok. I have been there done all that. Hugs
the same thing happened to me when I was about 13 weeks with Brynn. It sends instand panic, especially if you hadn't considered not being able to find the heart. Thankgoodness we have sonograms and ultrasounds now! Hope you're feeling alright - good luck with the remainder!
Post a Comment